Friday, June 3, 2011

Video Game Reflection: Dance or Die

As I reflect on my video game presentation, I do not see too many flaws with my group's presentation. I feel as if we let everything "come across" our audience as much as possible, all considering that we had to present for approximately fifteen minutes. I cannot find any points that did not come across to our class. However, I do feel as if we could have more creatively presented the material so that people were more familiar about our game.
The video game was called "Dance or Die," an interactive video game in which participants would fight/dance their way against their enemies, learning about the main character, Taylor's past (he is adopted by ballet dancers, but learns his real parents are mercenaries), and dancing/fighting to various songs.
As mentioned before, there were not any points, I felt, that did not get across to the audience. However, if we had presented more visuals to the game, people may have had a better understanding of the overall concept of the game. Also, perhaps if we elaborated more on the game play rather than the overall story of the game, people would also understand the game a lot better.
Other wise, everything else was easy. We had to discuss the varous concepts of the video game, including goals, mechanics, rules, and objectives. I felt that goals were in fact the easiest to explain because goals are considered player's intentions. The goal is up to the player, therefore it really was not up to us to tell the audience what the goal should be. We mentioned some possible goals, but ultimately, it was up to the players of the game to decide what their goals would be.
Overall, the video game assignment was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed coming up with a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment